Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wellbeing Workshop at Life Education Center

This is the first time I have conducted a program for the whole school. It is also the first program in which all participants were women and girls.

The Life Education Centre (LEC) is an Auroville outreach school, providing an on-going program for vocational training for semi-educated girls between the ages of 14-21 from Indian villages. I am grateful to Harini, who has been running LEC over a decade, for giving me an opportunity to offer a Wellbeing workshop at LEC. The school is very charming and the ambience is serne, exuding aspiration and sincerity. Martha, the Founder of LEC, lives in Canada. She was in Auroville this week and it was wonderful to have her participation.

What touched me and inspired me in LEC is the oneness between the teachers and the students. They are more like a family rather than an educational institution. The sessions were very well received and I am hopeful that the workshop would positively impact the wellbeing of the participants. I am particularly happy that LEC is considering practicing Pranayama everyday as a group.




No comments:

Post a Comment